In line with recommendations from the Australian Government, RSL Care has implemented the following restrictions for our residential aged care homes. These measures have been put in place to minimise the risk of Coronavirus to our residents and staff. A summary of the complete restrictions are as follows:
Entry is not permitted to those that have:
- Travelled internationally in the past 14 days
- been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- have a fever or symptoms of a respiratory infection such as a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
- Children under 16 years are not permitted.
Of those who visit, adherence to the following is required:
- You must have your temperature taken before entering
- A maximum of two (2) nominated visitors allowed – the two visitors can only attend the site at the same time, these are not to be separate visits on the same day. Both visitors must be formally nominated to the home with details recorded at Reception.
- All visitors will need to self-declare, sign in and out for each visit and wear a ‘visitor’ sticker.
- Use the alcohol-based hand rub on entry and exit and throughout your visit.
- Visitors will need practise social distancing where possible.
- Only spend time with the person you are visiting.
- Visiting hours are between 9am – 5pm on business days AND 1pm – 4pm on Saturdays, commencing from Saturday 23rd May 2020. (No visits are permitted outside of these hours including Public Holidays or Sundays)
- Make sure visits are kept short, limit visits to 45 minutes only.
- Under exceptional circumstances (very exceptional) specific visits can be approved for up to two hours. An example of an exceptional circumstance might be something like a nominated visitor who can only attend the site once every fortnight due to travel or work limitations. Please speak with us if you have such considerations, but when making such a request please understand that the longer the visit is, the greater the potential risk there is for an infection to spread. It’s a very tricky balance.
- Make sure visits occur in the resident’s room or outdoors – visits are not to occur in communal areas.
- No pets are allowed – touch points on animals may spread infection.
- As of May 1st 2020 – visitors will not be allowed on site if they have not had the 2020 Influenza vaccination (fluvax).
There are posters displayed throughout our facilities to remind everyone of their responsibilities in keeping our residents, staff and themselves safe in these uncertain times.
Restrictions for our retirement village communities have also been put into effect with the village Community Centres now closed, and many of the above restrictions also in place.
We will continue to provide updates, and would like to thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation.
For further COVID-19 Information
Visit the Australian Government Department of Health website, https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
Or you can phone the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080. This service runs 24 hours a day, seven days a week.