In line with recommendations from the Australian Government, RSL Care has implemented the following restrictions for our residential aged care homes. These measures have been put in place to minimise the risk of Coronavirus to our residents and staff. A summary of the complete restrictions are as follows:
Entry is not permitted to those that have:
- Travelled internationally in the past 14 days
- been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- have a fever or symptoms of a respiratory infection such as a cough, sore throat or shortness of breath
- Not provided evidence of current seasonal influenza vaccination.
- been in contact with a person who is undergoing mandated COVID quarantine in the past 14 days.
- been on the premises where mandated COVID quarantine persons are accommodated in the past 14 days
- attended any premises for which SA Health have current alerts issued (ie hotspots), on the dates stipulated by SA Health, without having undergone a COVID19 test with the results received as ‘not detected.’
- travelled interstate from high community transmission zones or prohibited locations as defined by State Health Public Health Directions in the last 14 days.
Of those who visit, adherence to the following is required:
- You must have your temperature taken before entering
- All visitors need to sign in and out for each visit and wear a ‘visitor’ sticker.
- Use the alcohol-based hand rub on entry and exit and throughout your visit.
- Visitors will need practise social distancing where possible.
- Only spend time with the person you are visiting.
- Visiting hours are between 9am – 5pm on business days and 1pm – 4pm on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Make sure visits occur in the resident’s room or outdoors – visits are not to occur in communal areas.
There are posters displayed throughout our facilities to remind everyone of their responsibilities in keeping our residents, staff and themselves safe in these uncertain times.
We will continue to provide updates, and would like to thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation.
For further COVID-19 Information
Visit the Australian Government Department of Health website, www.health.gov.au
Or you can phone the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 020 080. This service runs 24 hours a day, seven days a week.